PhD scholarship for three years – commencing Semester Two 2019
Expressions of interest (EOI) are invited from suitable domestic and international candidates planning to undertake their doctoral studies (PhD) within this international program based in Australia. Applicants with an interest in the program are encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant/s will receive a PhD scholarship (valued at $30,600 p.a. in 2019) as a fortnightly living allowance for the duration of three years, a relocation grant of $2,000 for students moving from States or Territories other than Victoria or $3,000 for students moving from outside Australia, extensive mentoring support, and will be part of an active research community working on a growing and stimulating program of research.
- All applicants need to satisfy the PhD – Education entry requirements.
- Applicants must have completed tertiary studies that are at least equivalent to a 4-year honours degree at an Australian university with a minimum result of first class Honours or hold an equivalent qualification from a university outside Australia.
- Relevant professional and research experience (including publications) will be regarded positively.
- All scholarship offers will be made under the condition that applicants commit to full-time study and commence their PhD studies at The University of Melbourne in Semester Two, 2019 (between July and December 2019).
How to apply
- In the first instance interested applicants should check they meet the PhD – Education entry requirements (see above).
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately to express interest in applying for admission as a PhD candidate and fill in the Contact Form on this website to notify the project team.
- Once your eligibility is confirmed, you will be invited to prepare an expression of interest application which includes:
- A cover letter.
- Curriculum Vitae (Two A4 pages maximum).
- A brief research proposal (1-2 pages long) addressing the research program in which you outline your preliminary ideas for a research project that might be conducted within your chosen research program (e.g., aim of the study, key research questions, relevant concepts and theories, research approach and methodology, and expected outcomes).
- Copy of academic transcripts.
- Copy of Masters or honours thesis examiners’ reports (if applicable).
- All applicants must also formally apply for admission into the PhD – Education. The deadline for application submission is 18 April 2019 for Semester Two 2019 commencement and 16 October 2019 for Semester One 2020 commencement.
For more information on the PhD admission application process, visit http://education.unimelb.edu.au/study_with_us/courses/phd_education.
Please send any specific questions relating to this scholarship opportunity via the Contact Form on this website and we will respond as soon as possible.